[Samba] multiple smb commands (some non AndX) in one packet

Wed Jun 4 18:58:00 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 11:42:30AM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 01:36:20PM -0500, Shirish Pargaonkar wrote:
> > Does samba server handle multiple smb commands (not necessarily andx commands)
> > within one packet?  If a client were to send commands such as 0x2f, 0x32, 0x32
> > in one packet instead of three separate packets, does samba server
> > handle it i.e.
> > respond to each of the three requests?
>
> Yes, we should do that. Of course there are earlier
> bugs in the implementation but I believe as of our
> latest code (3.0.30 and 3.2rc's) we handle this
> correctly.

Isn't it that we only have to take special care of the andX
type requests? For the other ones we should not even notice
that there are multiple requests in a TCP packet. 0x2f is
writeX, this might require special handling, but the fact
that 0x32 (trans2) is followed by something else in the same
frame shouldn't be noticed by smbd at all.

Or are you doing something special magic to wrap these into
the same netbios-level message (no idea how this should

Volker