[Samba] Can't join AD anymore after migration to 3.0.30

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Jun 4 17:48:31 GMT 2008

Jens Nissen wrote:
> After migrating from 3.0.26a to 3.0.30 I cannot join my AD member server
> to the domain anymore:
> I get a DCERPC_FAULT_INVALID_TAG.
> As I didn't change my Windows 2000 SBS Server, this looks like a new
> feature in Samba 3.0.30.

You're probably not running the latest SP on the SBS server. I could
only reproduce your problem with Windows 2000 GA version (no SPs
installed at all). We'll add fallback code for the next release, but you
should really consider upgrading to the lastest SP.

Guenther

--
Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org