[Samba] SELinux and samba/winbind w/ADS on RHEL 4.6

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 04:55:42 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am not seeing this issue on RHEL4 update 6. but i am using

samba-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.5
samba-common-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.5.i386
samba-client-3.0.25b-1.el4_6.5.i386

My sestatus is having as below

<snip>
[root at dhcp6-193 ~]# sestatus
SELinux status:         enabled
SELinuxfs mount:        /selinux
Current mode:           enforcing
Mode from config file:  enforcing
Policy version:         18
Policy from config file:targeted

Policy booleans:
allow_syslog_to_console inactive
allow_ypbind            inactive
dhcpd_disable_trans     inactive
httpd_builtin_scripting active
httpd_disable_trans     inactive
httpd_enable_cgi        active
httpd_enable_homedirs   active
httpd_ssi_exec          active
httpd_tty_comm          inactive
httpd_unified           active
mysqld_disable_trans    inactive
named_disable_trans     inactive
named_write_master_zonesinactive
nscd_disable_trans      inactive
ntpd_disable_trans      inactive
pegasus_disable_trans   inactive
portmap_disable_trans   inactive
postgresql_disable_transinactive
snmpd_disable_trans     inactive
squid_disable_trans     inactive
syslogd_disable_trans   inactive
use_nfs_home_dirs       inactive
use_samba_home_dirs     inactive
use_syslogng            inactive
winbind_disable_trans   inactive
ypbind_disable_trans    inactive
</snip>

When i joined the system to AD and restarted winbind, it  did not give any
selinux errors on /var/log/message, or console or /var/log/audit/audit.log

<snip>
[root at dhcp6-193 ~]# service winbind restart

Shutting down Winbind services:                            [  OK  ]
Starting Winbind services:                                 [  OK  ]
</snip>

So can you paste your selinux messages, that you are getting, and the samba
version.  Or if you feel you can do the following ,  without making selinux
to permissive or disabling it.

#getsebool -P "winbind_disable_trans" = 1

Regards
Niranjan