[Samba] SELinux and samba/winbind w/ADS on RHEL 4.6

Thomas Leavitt tleavitt at unameits.com
Tue Jun 3 17:56:37 GMT 2008

SELinux appears to be interfering with winbind's functionality.

I have the lastest policy package installed:

selinux-policy-targeted-1.17.30-2.149

which allegedly solves this problem according to the RedHat knowledge
base, but clearly does not. I have to turn off SELinux by using
setenforce 0 (permissive) to get winbind to work at all, and based on
what I see in the log files, disabling it completely is necessary to
prevent all interference.

Am I missing something? Are other folks having  this problem?

Regards,

Thomas Leavitt