[Samba] Gentoo, Samba, Upgrade, Authentications now failing

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Tue Jun 3 16:15:48 GMT 2008

Ivan Ordonez wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> Sorry I can't be of any help but I am thinking about updating our PDC to
> 3.0.30 but afraid it will have the same problem.  I have a few questions
> if you don't mind.
>
> 1.  Can a PDC be remove on the domain and join again?  if so, who will
> be the login server to authenticate the process of joining the PDC to
> the domain?  I have two BDC and one PDC.
%> net ads join -U ADMINISTRATOR at DOMAIN <-- joins samba server to domain
(could be PDC, BDC or Domain member server types depending on config)
%> net ads leave -U ADMINISTRATOR at DOMAIN <-- this will remove the
machine account from active directory
> 2.  Can you roll back to Samba 3.0.24 if you emerge 3.0.30
Nope, the lastest in portage right now is 3.0.28

--
Jas