[Samba] Gentoo, Samba, Upgrade, Authentications now failing

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Tue Jun 3 12:42:41 GMT 2008

Hmm... I am on Version 3.0.28a using Gentoo's emerge utility.

In my logs I am recieving:
check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [smb] -> [smb] FAILED with
error NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER
ads_verify_ticket: smb_krb5_parse_name(thor$) failed (Configuration file
does not specify default realm)

But I can see all my information for the user with the following commands:

wbinfo -u smb
wbinfo -i smb
wbinfo -n smb
wbinfo -S <SID>
getent passwd smb

Everything shows the user in Active Directory but I cannot authenticate
them any longer since the upgrade. Any advice?

--
Jas