[Samba] problem upgrading 3.0.23->3.0.26

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Jul 31 07:22:00 GMT 2008

Hallo, Linda,

Du (samba) meintest am 30.07.08:

> While I've made all the changes (I think) suggested, samba works no
> better now than it did before.  Except now I have smb.conf files I
> can't easily reuse by just reinstalling
> 3.0.23  ... :-(...

Have you changed to Samba 3.2.x or to Samba 3.0.3x?

> So far nothing is being shared than what was originally shared --
> the /root dir, a /suse93 dir and
> had a home dir for a bit, but it went away again and at one point
> was called "homes" instead of 'law' (username).

Could you please show the complete "smb.conf (especially the "[global]"
section)?

What tells (on the server)

        smbclient -N -L localhost

What tells (on the clients)

        net view

        net view \\<Server-IP>

Can more shares be connected after connecting (p.e.) the "Home" share?
Are they only not shown but connectable?

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut