[Samba] Samba 3.2.0 using CUPS -- Print Spooler not clearing out printed jobs

Chris Hall chris.hall at halldom.com
Thu Jul 24 17:58:16 GMT 2008

I'm running Samba 3.2.0-17.fc9 as a PDC, serving a printer using CUPS.

When I look at the state of the printer under Windows XP I see that jobs
which have completed are still listed.

When I look in the printing/<printer>.tdb, there are all the jobs.

There is nothing left in /var/spool/samba.

There are only the completed control files in /var/spool/cups.

It appears either that Samba is not noticing that the print jobs have
completed, or it is failing to update the printing/<printer>.tdb file...
or something else.

Any clues where I should look ?  I tried winding up the logging level,
but nothing obvious appeared.

Chris
--
Chris Hall   @ Home                                  +44 (0)7970 277 383