[Samba] samba group rights problem (Domain Admins not working)

Jeroen Vriesman linuxificator at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 09:24:31 GMT 2008

Hi,

my root is a member of the Domain Admins:

root at hermes:/etc/ldap# id root
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),513(Domain
Users),1013(Apps),1016(Application RelaX),1017(Terminal Server
Users),1112(Applications),1120(Application Aura),512(Domain Admins)
root at hermes:/etc/ldap# net rpc user info root
Password:
Domain Users
Domain Admins
Apps
Application RelaX
Terminal Server Users
Applications
Application Aura
root at hermes:/etc/ldap# net rpc rights list root
Password:
<no output>

but still doesn't get the rights from the domain admins groups:

net groupmap list:
Domain Admins (S-1-5-21-2651798370-710026074-3531216960-512) -> Domain
Admins

I will try ldap debug later today.