[Samba] Trouble authenticating to Samba shares with Win 2k3 ADS

Andrew Masterson Andrew.Masterson at nuvistaenergy.com
Wed Jul 23 22:07:05 GMT 2008

Yeah, that was the most common solution I found after some digging, but
nscd isn't running and my nsswitch.conf file has winbind in the
appropriate places I think:

nsswitch.conf

passwd:     files winbind

shadow:     files

group:      files winbind

#hosts:     db files nisplus nis dns

hosts:  files dns winbind

# Example - obey only what nisplus tells us...

#services:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

#networks:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

#protocols:  nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

#rpc:        nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

#ethers:     nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

#netmasks:   nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

bootparams: nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files

ethers:     files

netmasks:   files

networks:   files

protocols:  files