[Samba] Trouble authenticating to Samba shares with Win 2k3 ADS

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Wed Jul 23 16:58:28 GMT 2008

Try using the following in your smb.conf

client signing = yes
client schannel = no
client use spnego = yes
client lanman auth = no
client NTLMv2 auth = yes
client plaintext auth = no

idmap domains = DOMAIN
idmap config DOMAIN:backend = ad
idmap config DOMAIN:default = yes
idmap config DOMAIN:schema_mode = rfc2307
idmap config DOMAIN:range = 1000 - 300000000

And for troubleshooting try taking a look at the
/var/log/samba/log.idmap* logs for UID/GID to SID mapping

Or you can use
%> wbinfo -i <USER>
%> wbinfo -n <USER>
%> wbinfo -s <USER>