[Samba] Samba 3.2 PDC - Creating Zone Identifier files and not able to read/write/delete them.

Reinaldo Silva raguiar at alumni.unav.es
Tue Jul 22 17:59:24 GMT 2008

Hello,

I use a Suse 11.0 as a Samba 3.2 PDC. The clients run XP SP3. I have
upgraded a few weeks ago from Suse 10.3 and now all files tranfer that I do
- for example, downloading a file using a web browser - it leaves a trash
file named "transferd-file:Zone.Identifier" or "tranferd-file:encryptable".

The odd thing is that from Windows I can`t read/write/delete these files.
They appear with names like "hdje2423".

Any help will be apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reinaldo Silva