[Samba] Impossible to access folders

Rubin Bennett rbennett at thatitguy.com
Tue Jul 22 13:26:36 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 12:25 +0200, Thomas Vito wrote:
> I changed the share name. I was able to access the share finally. I am
> now getting those errors after a sytem reboot:
> [2008/07/22 12:21:49, 0] lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1224)
>   getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected
> [2008/07/22 12:22:13, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_data(562)
>   write_data: write failure in writing to client 10.130.101.85. Error
> Connection reset by peer
> [2008/07/22 12:22:13, 0] lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(761)
>   Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection reset by peer)
>

> On the XP side i get the network path was not found.

The 'endpoint is not connected' errors are common; I see them all over
the place without impacting functionality.  I've researched those and
they seem to be largely ignored.

So you can access the shares, but I'm not clear on what client you're
using if XP still doesn't work?  smbclient?  from localhost?  So Windows
clients universally cannot access the share, or do you have some that
can (i.e. Win2k works but  XP does not)?

If nothing but the local machine can access the share I'd be very
suspicious that there is still some firewalling on the server:
	iptables -L
  should return something like this:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

If your iptables returned much more then run /etc/init.d/iptables stop
(presuming you're on a RedHat-ish system).

If some clients can access but others can't we'll have to dig a little
deeper.

Rubin