[Samba] smbtorture: testing p-cifs over gfs

eneal at businessgrade.com eneal at businessgrade.com
Tue Jul 22 04:14:12 GMT 2008

hello folks. congrats on samba 3.2 it's an awesome release. i'm trying
to take advantage of the parallel cifs capabilities of this release.
lustre (too complex) and gpfs (not free) at not available to me right
now, so i'm using gfs v2 and iscsi as my storage building blocks.

i'm running 3.2 on centos 5.2. everything is configured and i compiled
samba4 to use smbtorture, but when I run it as it's defined in the
wiki and other spots, i get either a time out or an error.

i have a two node cluster:

smb.conf

[global]
         workgroup = WORKGROUP
         printing = cups
         clustering = yes
         idmap:backend = tdb2
         interfaces = eth0
         smb passwd file = /shared/samba/etc/smbpasswd
         private dir = /shared/samba/etc
         fileid:mapping = fsname
         use mmap = no
         nt acl support = yes
         ea support = yes
         posix locking = no
         #locking posix = no
         printcap name = cups
         printcap cache time = 750
         cups options = raw
         map to guest = Bad User
         include = /etc/samba/dhcp.conf
         logon path = \\%L\profiles\.msprofile
         logon home = \\%L\%U\.9xprofile
         logon drive = P:
         usershare allow guests = Yes
[homes]
         comment = Home Directories
         valid users = %S, %D%w%S
         browseable = No
         read only = No
         inherit acls = Yes
[profiles]
         comment = Network Profiles Service
         path = %H
         read only = No
         store dos attributes = Yes
         create mask = 0600
         directory mask = 0700
[users]
         comment = All users
         path = /shared/home
         read only = No
         inherit acls = Yes
         veto files = /aquota.user/groups/shares/
[groups]
         comment = All groups
         path = /shared/home/groups
         read only = No
         inherit acls = Yes
[printers]
         comment = All Printers
         path = /var/tmp
         printable = Yes
         create mask = 0600
         browseable = No
[print$]
         comment = Printer Drivers
         path = /shared/samba/var/lib/drivers
         write list = @ntadmin root
         force group = ntadmin
         create mask = 0664
         directory mask = 0775

/etc/sysconfig/ctdb

CTDB_RECOVERY_LOCK="/shared/samba/var/ctdb/recovery"
CTDB_PUBLIC_ADDRESSES=/etc/ctdb/public_addresses
CTDB_MANAGES_SAMBA=yes
CTDB_SAMBA_SKIP_SHARE_CHECK="yes"
CTDB_MANAGES_WINBIND=yes
CTDB_NODES=/etc/ctdb/nodes
CTDB_DBDIR=/var/ctdb
CTDB_DBDIR_PERSISTENT=/var/ctdb/persistent
CTDB_EVENT_SCRIPT_DIR=/etc/ctdb/events.d
CTDB_SOCKET=/tmp/ctdb.socket
CTDB_TRANSPORT="tcp"
CTDB_MONITOR_FREE_MEMORY=100
CTDB_LOGFILE=/var/log/log.ctdb

/etc/ctdb/nodes

10.2.3.1
10.2.3.2

/etc/ctdb/public_addresses

172.16.100.115/24 eth0
172.16.100.114/24 eth0

i'm running:

./smbtorture //cifscluster/users/eneal -Ueneal%password RAW-BENCH-LOCK
--unclist=unclist.txt --num-progs=32 -t60 -d 99

when the contents of unclist.txt are just:

//172.16.100.114
//172.16.100.115

I get an error

lp_load: refreshing parameters from /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file
"/usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf":
         No such file or directory
pm_process() returned No
adding hidden service IPC$
adding hidden service ADMIN$
New event context requested. Parent: [struct cli_credentials:0x18e37120]
failed to get principal from default ccache: No such file or
directory: open(/tmp/krb5cc_0): No such file or directory
SHARE backend [ldb] registered.
SHARE backend [classic] registered.
AUTH backend 'winbind_samba3' registered
AUTH backend 'winbind' registered
AUTH backend 'name_to_ntstatus' registered
AUTH backend 'fixed_challenge' registered
AUTH backend 'unix' registered
AUTH backend 'anonymous' registered
AUTH backend 'sam' registered
AUTH backend 'sam_ignoredomain' registered
GENSEC backend 'krb5' registered
gensec subsystem fake_gssapi_krb5 is disabled
GENSEC backend 'schannel' registered
GENSEC backend 'spnego' registered
gensec subsystem gssapi_spnego is disabled
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5' registered
GENSEC backend 'gssapi_krb5_sasl' registered
GENSEC backend 'ntlmssp' registered
Using seed 1216697770
New event context requested. Parent: [NULL:(nil)]
Opening 32 connections
Failed to parse UNC name //172.16.100.114
ERROR IN TEST BENCH-LOCK! - Unknown error/failure

I have to have the entry as //172.16.100.114/eneal - and even then I
get an error:

   NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE_KEY_EXCH
SMB Signing is not negotiated by the peer
SMB Signing is not negotiated by the peer
Lock failed - NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT
[...]
Failed to open \benchlock\lock.dat on connection 26

What am I doing incorrectly here?

TIA

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by
the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.