[Samba] Samba 3.2 on FreeBSD

sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Fri Jul 18 19:21:05 GMT 2008

Herb Lewis wrote:
> run the following to find out where it should be
>
> smbd -b | grep CONFIGFILE
>

> sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us wrote:
>> Ok, that is how I installed it, but the other answer from Terry was:
>>
>> "Yes in /usr/local/etc/smb.conf"
>>
>> The config file was in neither.  Most of the directories were in the
>> 'usr/local/samba' and there was nothing in the '/usr/local/etc' as far
>> as
>> samba goes.
>>
>> I would have thought that it would have put a smb.conf in one of the
>> directories or at least an example in one.  I just want to make sure
>> that
>> I get it in the correct place.
>>
>> Thanks.

I tried that and it looks like the shared object libtalloc.so.1 is not
found.  I searched for it on the server just to make sure it was not in
the wrong place or did not have a link to it, but it is no where to be
found.  Guess I'll have to find out where to get it installed from.

Any ideas on that?

I may should have just left 3.0.30,1 on there and gone with that. :)

--
Scott Mayo - System Administrator
Bloomfield Schools

Question: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Answer: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?