[Samba] Re: my first samba set-up gives me a headache

Thomas Vito shoktai at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:41:03 GMT 2008

Sorry i should have added the description of the issue:
Authentication doesn't work when i try to access the red hat server from a
win2003 machine nothing happens.
After 5 minutes or so, i get an error saying no network path was found.
The red hat server has also been added to my win domain with the net
command. I can access the Windows folders from my red hat server and
authentication works if i use my Active Directory account.

This is what i get from my samba server to access a share on the samba
server itself ( i try to use an AD account):
[root at amsdev-dv09 ~]# smbclient -L localhost -U atpcci
Password:
Receiving SMB: Server stopped responding
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000
milliseconds

And this is what i get from a windows client trying to access the samba
share:
H:\>net use G: "\\amsdev-dv09\Share"
System error 64 has occurred.

The specified network name is no longer available.