[Samba] samba-vscan-clamav -realtime file scanning on Samba server

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Wed Jul 16 22:12:36 GMT 2008

Hello List,

I posted on the K12LTSP wiki an howto on how to setup samba-vscan-clamav
on a
Samba file server. This maybe should be on the samba wiki, but I think
it would apply to most folks here using K12LTSP, as well. It takes about
15 minutes to setup and have working. I did post a link to download a
precompiled module for this that will work on Samba-3.0.23c which
shipped with K12LTSP EL5.it may or may not work on a couple newer or
older versions of Samba. the difference being the version of VFS that
Samba was built with.

http://www.k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/K12LTSP_Samba_Home_folders_OnAccess_virus_scanning

If interested look under >Resources>Software>Admin> on the K12LTSP wiki.

Take Care

Barry Cisna