[Samba] Winbind 3.2.0rc2 Coredump [was: Re: Help needed. Samba 3.2.0rc2 - IDMAP - Windows 2008 Server - ADS Integration - Winbind]

Wed Jul 16 20:38:22 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:28:09PM +0200, Samba-Liste wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 12:40 +0200, Samba-Liste wrote:
> > Hi again,
> >

> [...]
>

> > Is it a "supported configuration" providing IDMAP information directly
> > on a Windows 2008 AD server with "Identity Service for Unix" running?
> > Using winbind and rfc2307? I was wondering because a lot of packages
> > seem to lack nss_info dir and not many seem to miss it :)
> >
> > I would really like to push this into production as I have all the ID
> > stuff in one place (ADS) using one system (winbind/samba) for getting it
> > into the unix world. But I need to be sure that this is a "supported
> > configuration" which will be looked after in the ongoing development of
> > samba. If not, what configuration is the recommended one in the scenario
> > describe earlier in this thread.
>
> Sorry for asking again :( Even after testing for two weeks without extensive
> problems I'm still unsure if the above solution is a good one.
>
> Any comments on that?

Sorry for not listening earlier -- your question was whether
you can make use of the SFU info stored in AD? Sure, this
should work. It might be hairy to set up (I'm right now in
the process of trying to simplify the setup), but that
definitely sounds like a supported config.

Volker