[Samba] security=server authentication via vista

Dallison, S (Steve) S.Dallison at rl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 17:36:10 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to get samba working on vista. My smb.conf file is at the
end of this mail. At the moment I am able to connect to my linux share
but I am prompted for a username and password first. This is as if the
server authentication is failing and it is defaulting to user
authentication. Does anybody know if the settings I am using are
correct, or could there be another reason that I don't go straight to my
linux share.

I get no problems connecting using this set up from my XP box.

Thanks for any help,

Stephen

[global]
  workgroup = CLRC
  server string = Samba Server
  hosts allow = 130.246.40. 130.246.41. 130.246.42. 130.246.43.
130.246.44. 130.246.47.
  printcap name = /etc/printcap
  log level = 10
  log file = /var/log/samba/smbd.log