[Samba] Problem with moving PDC to new server

kissg mail.gery at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 14:09:12 GMT 2008

First of all, check the domain SID on the new server. It should match the
domain SID which was used on the old server. Also make sure, that
permissions are correctly set on profile directories.

To display the domain SID, type the following on the PDC:

net getlocalsid

To set the domain SID use "net setlocalsid <SID>"

Permissions of profile directories should be set like this:

- User ownership: <the usename which the profiles belongs to>
- Group ownership: the primary group of the user
- Permission for the profile directory: 1777
- Permission for the profile directory of a user: 0700 or 1700 (not sure
about it)

I hope, I could help you.

Regards
Gergely Kiss