[Samba] Problem with moving PDC to new server

Kevin Bedford kevin at sepit.com.au
Wed Jul 16 14:06:26 GMT 2008

I tried a similar trick with the added step of changing from a tdbsam
backend to ldap and found the same windows profile issue.  Strangely if
the user was a local or domain admin things were ok.  I found the only
work around at the time was backup the users profile before deleting it
and letting windows create a new one and transferring anything important
back from the old profile.

In my case the retiring server was CentOS 4.5 and the new one CentOS 5.2

Cheers

Kevin