[Samba] Setup of a new PDC with Samba 3.2.0

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Jul 14 18:11:15 GMT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:30:13AM +0200, devel at thom.fr.eu.org wrote:
> Ok,
>
> I just missed this part from the documentation (by the way, could anybody
> spot me to the place where this is specified. I could see in Samba Howto
> chapter 13, but this is not obvious).

No, I think you're correct. This is where it's specified.
That's not really the right place.

I'd like to take a look and fix this, but might take a
while to get to the docs update. Anyone else willing to
help ?

> So I did successfully join the domain, and now I get the following error
> on wbinfo -t :
> MYSERVER:~# wbinfo -t
> checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
> error code was NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND (0xc0000233)
> Could not check secret
>
> This looks like a resolver issue. I have
> 	wins server = 10.212.254.254
> 	wins proxy = Yes
> 	name resolve order = lmhosts wins host bcast
> in smb.conf, and my lmhost file says
> 10.211.254.253  MYDOMAIN
> 10.211.254.253  MYSERVER
> and anyway the nmblookup succeeds:
> tls-srv-01:~# nmblookup -R -U 10.212.254.254 MYDOMAIN#1b
> querying MYDOMAIN on 10.212.254.254
> 10.211.254.253 MYDOMAIN<1b>
> tls-srv-01:~# nmblookup -R -U 10.212.254.254 MYDOMAIN#1c
> querying MYDOMAIN on 10.212.254.254
> 10.211.254.253 MYDOMAIN<1c>

Run winbindd -d10 and look at the core winbindd logs to
help find out why it can't find the DC.

Jeremy.