[Samba] Setup of a new PDC with Samba 3.2.0

devel at thom.fr.eu.org devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Sat Jul 12 08:30:13 GMT 2008

Ok,

I just missed this part from the documentation (by the way, could anybody
spot me to the place where this is specified. I could see in Samba Howto
chapter 13, but this is not obvious).
So I did successfully join the domain, and now I get the following error
on wbinfo -t :
MYSERVER:~# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND (0xc0000233)
Could not check secret

This looks like a resolver issue. I have
	wins server = 10.212.254.254
	wins proxy = Yes
	name resolve order = lmhosts wins host bcast
in smb.conf, and my lmhost file says
10.211.254.253  MYDOMAIN
10.211.254.253  MYSERVER
and anyway the nmblookup succeeds:
tls-srv-01:~# nmblookup -R -U 10.212.254.254 MYDOMAIN#1b
querying MYDOMAIN on 10.212.254.254
10.211.254.253 MYDOMAIN<1b>
tls-srv-01:~# nmblookup -R -U 10.212.254.254 MYDOMAIN#1c
querying MYDOMAIN on 10.212.254.254
10.211.254.253 MYDOMAIN<1c>