[Samba] charaters problem

Günter Kukkukk linux at kukkukk.com
Thu Jul 10 14:33:36 GMT 2008

Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008 schrieb Günter Kukkukk:
> Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008 schrieb Pol Hallen:
> > Hi folks :-)
> >
> > Mounting a shared ntfs volume in debian os, I see some files like this:
> > L'?uomo di notte.jpg
> > the real name is: L'ùomo di notte.jpg
> >
> > So, when I try to open this file (from a client) a message error appear: "the
> > file doesn't exist".
> >
> > How can I resolve this problem?
> > Thanks
> >
> > Pol
>
> what kernel module did you use for mounting that remote share,
> smbfs or cifs vfs ?
> Cheers, Günter

Sorry to reply to my own post, i possibly misunderstood your problem.
1. Do you have a mounted local ntfs volume, which you now want to share
   (export) with samba to other clients?

2. Have you mounted a _remote_ ntfs share using smbfs or cifs vfs ?

Which of the above 1. or 2. matches your environment?
Cheers, Günter