[Samba] Samba v2.2.12 NTLM versions?

Wed Jul 9 18:27:49 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 06:07:11AM -0400, Horder, Philip wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've gone back to trying to build 3.0.
> Initially, the configure failed, not being able to guess the system config.
> I tried it with i586-ncr-sysv4.3, and it seemed to accept this  (I found this option looking at the gcc configure)
> The next configure problem was that it didn't find the cc compiler; I fixed this by defining CC=cc
> After that, it couldn't find an acceptable grep; I simply commented out the exit at this point
> It then found egrep, and continued the configure, listed below.
>
> It seems to not be finding several utilities I know we have, including awk & nawk, and these can be found using our standard PATH.
>
> It then fails the c compiler with:
>           c99 structure initializer are not supported

Ok. We make use of those for example at the bottom of
librpc/gen_ndr/ndr_wkssvc.c. It is pretty straightforward to
convert those to non-named initializers and remove the
configure check. If that is the only thing your compiler can
not do, this is boring but definitely easier than getting
2.2 up to speed with current Windows versions.

> Any suggestions on;
>   1. getting configure to find grep, awk, nawk, etc.

I'm not aware that we actually depend on those.

>   2. how to get this to build without the initializer option.

If you have autotools around, you might want to comment out
the relevant portions from lib/replace/libreplace_macros.m4.
You can also to this on a machine different from your build
box and copy over the source tree resulting from
./autogen.sh.

Volker