[Samba] Common MS Office and samba file share issue

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:38:32 GMT 2008

> Set force security mode = 0770 in the problematic share. This fix the
> bug... at least, works for me.
> --

I am sorry I was not sure of the exact params since I am not at work
and will not be back till Monday. Anyways for what I remember this
behavior started happening in a samba version between 3.0.14 to 3.0.24
and forcing the security modes with 2770 fixed the problem. At that
time I was not using acls at all. Now I am using 3.0.30 and 3.0.28a
with acls and still I have the forced security on public and private
folders.

John