[Samba] Samba Browsing problem in Fedora 9

Vijay Thakur turiyain at yahoo.co.in
Mon Jul 7 12:29:25 GMT 2008

Dear Friends,

I have already configured a linux file server in Fedora 7 and is working fine. Recently i have configure a samba file server in Fedora 9. In the share, there is a shared directory called Engineering with four sub directories:

1. Certification
2. Documentation
3. Training
4. Quality

Whenever I try to  browse this share from the network of, the one directory in Engineering folder "Quality" is showing with name " QM2J21~G". The same thing also happening with other sub directories of Quality directory. The name of the sub directories are changing.

Please help me, this is urgent. Thanks in advance

Vijay Thakur
Network Admin
Allengers Medical Systems