[Samba] winbind and remote users

devel at thom.fr.eu.org devel at thom.fr.eu.org
Fri Jul 4 16:21:33 GMT 2008

I think you're investigating in the wrong direction. As far as I
understood (I may be mistaken too) a user of SANTARCANGELO domain, even if
it logs on another domain's machine is still a SANTARCANGELO domain's
user. That means, the user properties (home directory, profile path, ...)
come from SANTARCANGELO domain PDC

What you should check is wether the SANTARCANGELO domain's user logged on
a CENTROSTORICO domain's machine can still access (by browsing the network
neighbourhood for instance) his home directory (wherever it resides in the
SANTARCANGELO domain) from this "foreign" machine.

François

François Legal