[Samba] Samba 3.2.0 - OS/2 divorced from connectivity

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Fri Jul 4 15:23:43 GMT 2008

On 2008/07/02 13:09 (GMT-0700) Jeremy Allison apparently typed:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 04:00:53PM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Since Günter knows what is going on and needs doing, I usually only touch
>> Bugzilla when Günter tasks me to do some particular thing there. Günter knows
>> timestamps are broken, and knows Steve knows timestamps are broken. If I
>> understand right no one else with competence and means to deal with OS/2
>> environment and patch testing exists, so neither see a point doing Bugzilla
>> about this very often. IMO of course.

> And that is why it hasn't been fixed. No one else knew timestamps
> were broken, no one else did anything about it.

> Raise the profile of this issue - re-open the bug and drive
> the resolution please.

I just talked to Günter on IRC. He says he will either reopen 4090 or open a
new bug. The remaining issues do not affect me, as I use only RO OS/2 shares,
and known open timestamp issues only affect RW shares, both legacy LANMAN,
and WINNT & WINXP. He says much is already fixed in Jeff Layton's tree that
hasn't yet been merged into Samba git.

This means my upthread comment "there is NO usable connectivity with OS/2" is
incorrect, and the current thread subject is misleading. There is
connectivity, but it only works entirely correctly if not using RW OS/2 shares.
--
"Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."
				Ephesians 4:26 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/