[Samba] Comment from a Samba user

Fri Jul 4 07:34:53 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 08:49:00AM +0200, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> > I am a Samba user who has
> > no wish to become a Samba expert.  And I have what appears to me to
> > be a problem with fairly clear data and, probably, a simple repair.
> > But I do not know what that repair is.  I am confident that many
> > subscribers to this list can make good guesses as to what is wrong.
> > But I have had no reponse to my posting; which is frustrating.
>
> That's frustrating - I know.
> I'm using Samba for about 12 years, I've found some problems, too.
> Sometimes nobody could help me, too.

And from a developer's point of view this is also a bit
difficult. At least for me I can say that I at least try to
help people on the mailing lists, but there are only 24
hours in a day, and there are also paying customers which
take precedence over voluntary help here, and sometimes I
enjoy time without a laptop :-). So from time to time I
point people at http://samba.org/samba/support where we list
companies who do paid support.

Volker