[Samba] Samba 3.2 Ldap problem

Ernesto Silva silva at ort.edu.uy
Fri Jul 4 00:15:07 GMT 2008

Charlie,

I didn't copied the secrets.tdb, I've used smbpasswd -w. In my Ldap I have an object named "sambaDomainName=OPEN,dc=my,dc=company" which I didn't create, it's automagically created by samba. That object has it's own sid, I've even deleted the secrets.tdb file and the ldap OPEN object, they are recreated with "smbpasswd -w xxxxx", so I assume everything is automagically right.

In addition I've tried the index on sambaSID attribute, I already have an "eq" index on it, and I can't create a "sub" index, I think this is because of the attribute definition.

I've updated to samba-3.2.0-21 but I'm still stuck.

I'm worried about your comment on users located by sid as all my users already has a sid assigned, is that sid server-dependant? I must assume it isn't, it's only user-dependant, isn't it?

Regards,
--
Ing. Ernesto Silva.
Coordinador de Desarrollo Web y Sistemas Abiertos
E-mail: silva at ort.edu.uy
Tel: (+5982) 903-1995, (+5982) 902-9687  ext. 102
Fax: (+5982) 900-2952