[Samba] Samba 3.2.0: error while loading shared libraries: libtalloc.so.1

James Kosin james_kosin at cox.net
Wed Jul 2 01:45:08 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vnpenguin" <vnpenguin at vnoss.org>
Newsgroups: linux.samba
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:30 PM
Subject: [Samba] Samba 3.2.0: error while loading shared libraries:
libtalloc.so.1

> Hi,
> Just try to build rpm of Samba on my CentOS 5.2 box. RPM building &
> updating were fine, but I can not start smbd. Here are errors:
>
> # service smb start
> Starting SMB services: smbd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>                                                           [FAILED]
> Starting NMB services: nmbd: error while loading shared libraries:
> libtalloc.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>                                                           [FAILED]
>
> With "yum provides libtalloc.so.1" I can not found any package for
> this library :(
>
> Any idea for help ?
>
> Thanks
> --
You shouldn't do that.  There are about 4 new libraries with this new
release.  I'm still working on the details for FC1.
Best thing to do is (a) wait for someone to build a package for CentOS, or
(b) do it carefully yourself reallizing you will make some mistakes.
Didn't the package compain about unpackaged files???

James