[Samba] wrong uid in lock database

Marcel Mulder marcel.mulder at microkey.nl
Fri Jan 18 09:21:44 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am running Ubuntu 7.10, Samba 3.0.26a.

For authentication I use Winbind which is talking to a Windows Small
Business Server 2003

Everything look normal things like wbinfo -g, wbinfo -u, getent passwd
etc, all runs perfectly well.

The problem I have is that occasionally strange thing happen on the
network. Files cannot be deleted en compile jobs fail.

What I see is that when I do a smbstatus -L that some files are locked
with a wrong uid. So, user with uid 10000 creates a lock with an
application an the lock is assigned to user 10019. How can this be
possible?

I it very hard for me to look in the logs to see what happens because
the phenomena is only occurring when there is lots of traffic. Because
of this the log are generate huge amount of data and therefore wrapping
continuously.

A fragment of my smb.conf  is below.

[global]

        workgroup = MICROKEY

        realm = MICROKEY.LAN

        interfaces = eth1

        security = ADS

        password server = 192.168.1.1

        log level = 1

        domain master = no

        idmap uid = 10000-20000

        idmap gid = 10000-20000

        template shell = /bin/bash

        winbind use default domain = Yes

        winbind enum users = yes

        winbind enum groups = yes

        template homedir = /home/%D/%U

        client use spnego = yes

        wins server = 192.168.1.1

        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts

        printcap name = cups

        printing = cups

[homes]

        browseable = no

        writable = yes

[printers]

        comment = All Printers

        path = /var/spool/samba

        guest ok = Yes

        printable = Yes

[print$]

         comment = Printer Drivers

         path = /etc/samba/drivers

         browseable = yes

         guest ok = no

         read only = yes

         write list = root microkey.lan\\administrator

[development]

        comment = Product development

        path = /home/microkey/shares/development

        valid users = @microkey.lan\\development

        write list = @microkey.lan\\development

        create mask = 0770

        directory mask = 0770