[Samba] Samba on a xen dom0

David C csdave2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 22:57:22 GMT 2008

I hope I am just missing something simple here...

After installing a new server with Fedora 8 (default install except using Xen)
I am having some significant performance issues with the samba file service.

I can actually access the share points but performance is terrible.

1) iperf between a windows XP machine and the Fedora machine come in at a
health 74Mb/s (100 Mb ethernet).
2) SELinux is OFF.
3) Firewall is Off.
4) Attached is the conf file (Removed most commented stuff).
5) peth0 is running at 100Mb/full duplex
6) QuadCore AMD Phenom 9500 8GB Ram

Any ideas on where to go from here?
Is this more likely a Xen problem?

David