[Samba] Problems Joining an ADS domain

Dalton Calford dcalford at distributel.ca
Thu Jan 31 15:51:46 GMT 2008

I have tried the following distributions

Xandros 3
Xandros 4
Suse 10
Fedora 7
Ubuntu 7.10

I have tried with the latest versions of Samba.

To reiterate the situation.

I have linux machines that log onto the Win2003 ADS domain and use the
domain to authenticate users from the domain.

I can not add any new linux boxes to the domain, but those that have
already joined, work fine.

Even if I take a working box, remove it from the domain, do a net ads
join command, it stops working and can not rejoin the domain, even
though no settings have been changed.

I do not administrate the domain so I do not control what patches have
been applied to the domain, but I need to know what settings need to be
applied on the 2003 domain in order to have it work with samba.

Please help as this is getting to the point where I will have to pull
all linux boxes off of our networks as they do not meet company security
policies.

best regards

Dalton