[Samba] Re: Samba Administrator account for XP

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Jan 31 12:16:28 GMT 2008

satish patel wrote:
> Dear thanx for cordinate wid me
>
>             I send my  example files what i going to tell when i
> configure samba without LDAP then i am able to login in XP machine with
> root with full privileges at that time my root user group of Domain
> Admin Group ok.

When you configure Samba without LDAP, then I think group mappings would end up referring to file:
/var/lib/samba/group_mapping.tdb

While configured as LDAP as the back end, it is necessary to map domain groups to local workstation groups, which can be done via:
net groupmap add ...
commands as illustrated on page 8 of the presentation I referred to. Otherwise you will only have the default information pre-populated when you prep the LDAP server for use with Samba.

Thus I can understand why you get different results when you change database back-ends.

Have you yet checked "ifmember.exe /list" and have it show what groups your test ID is actually a member of?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems