[Samba] net ads join : ads_connect: No logon servers

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:51:35 GMT 2008

Thanks very much, Douglas.  That did the trick.
I had not understood what realm represented in a dns
style domain.

It is also confusing that one lists a realm section,
defining it...

BEER = {
   kdc = ADC1.AD.BEERU.CA
}

But then when providing the realm name in smb.conf, the
handle isn't BEER, but rather the subdomain in
which the AD controller lives.

Regards,

--Donald