[Samba] Trouble with restricting access and ads

simo idra at samba.org
Wed Jan 30 07:06:06 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 23:00 -0400, D G Teed wrote:
> We are migrating old FreeBSD machines to Redhat EL 5.
>
> On FreeBSD, we have previously used "valid users =" with sucess.
> "valid users" was never a group, but always a list of user names like:
> valid users = david joe henry
>
> Moving to Redhat Enterprise 5,

[...]

> Please shed some light on this if anyone can.

Why people never read release notes ? :-D

Since a few samba versions the usernames must be fully qualified

In domain FOO with user Bar you set:
valid users = FOO\Bar

setting just valid users = Bar  won't do it.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat Inc. <ssorce at redhat.com>