[Samba] Re: Samba Administrator account for XP

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Tue Jan 29 18:04:25 GMT 2008

satish patel wrote:
> Dear all
>
>               I have install samba + ldap and it is successfully joing the domain but problem is when i login in XP machine with Administrator account of samba i cannot change anything in XP even not system time so is it problem of privileges ??

Get a copy of MS's ifmember.exe and issue it with the /list switch while logged into Windows with a domain account. That will show you which groups you are a member of on the domain and local
workstation. Likely you have something amiss in the group mapping area.

I cover that sort of thing in my Samba presentation:
"Samba 3 PDC for Windows Clients and Samba 3 Book Review"
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/pub/presentations/iccm2007.pdf

Start on page 7 of the presentation. I do not use LDAP in this presentation, so the EXACT solution will be different in your case.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems