[Samba] Re: Trusted domain user login

Thorkil Olesen thorkil at pip.dknet.dk
Tue Jan 29 17:01:29 GMT 2008

Carlos Lorenzo Matés <clmates <at> mundo-r.com> writes:

> I have logged in the samba server as root and tried this
>
> myserver:~ # wbinfo -a clorenzo%myrealpassword
> plaintext password authentication failed
> error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE (0xc0000008)
> error messsage was: Invalid handle
> Could not authenticate user clorenzo%myrealpassword with plaintext password
> challenge/response password authentication failed
> error code was NT_STATUS_INVALID_HANDLE (0xc0000008)
> error messsage was: Invalid handle
> Could not authenticate user clorenzo with challenge/response

Maybe you should try:

wbinfo -a NTDOMAIN\\clorenzo%myrealpassword

> wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g gets right the list of users and groups from the NT
> domain

That is a good sign!

wbinfo is a great tool to examine how winbind sees the world. I spent some time
on an interdomain trust to a W2k3-server, but I think my problem was different
from yours. Have you set up nsswitch.conf? Can you see a user with getent?

--
Thorkil Olesen, Denmark