[Samba] Official Samba builds for Ubuntu?

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Sun Jan 27 14:32:14 GMT 2008

Quoting Michael Lueck <mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com>:

> Greetings-
>
> I am wondering if anyone from the Samba team would happen to have
> interest in creating official builds for Ubuntu?
>
> To add a twist, unfortunately I would not be fishing for 7.10 packages,
> but rather 7.04 as we ran into too many issues with 7.10 whereas 7.04
> seems rock solid stable.
>
> Or, are there packages built of Samba releases for Ubuntu external to
> samba.org?

Feisty comes with Samba 3.0.24.

Unofficial packages of Samba 3.0.26a for Feisty and 3.0.28 for Gutsy
are available in my PPA:
http://launchpad.net/~pgquiles/+archive

Unofficial 3.0.28 packages for Feisty will be available in a couple of
hours there, too.

Packages of the latest Samba for the latest Ubuntu-stable (Gutsy, as
of now) are usually available in my PPA. Most times they are just
backports of the latest Ubuntu-unstable package to Ubuntu-stable but
sometimes I'm ahead of Ubuntu-unstable (i. e. they may eat your
computer and burn your house :-)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org