[Samba] possible repost: Samba 3.28 compilation fails, locking unavailable on FreeBSD 6.3

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 15:20:15 GMT 2008

Hello,
    Forgive the repost, i'm not sure if this msg went through.
    I'm trying to install samba 3.28 on 6.3. Previously i had installed
samba on 6.2 without seeing this error.

    LDAP_LIBS = -lldap -llber
    AUTH_LIBS = -lcrypt  -lpam
checking configure summary... ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba
would be unsafe
configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

I believe this is something specific to this system and not a port issue,
i've done this install in a jailed environment and the compilation worked
fine. This 6.3 install was done using sysinstall's minimum working
configuration option. I'm trying to configure samba as a pdc with an ldap
backend. If anyone has an idea on this locking error i'm open to
suggestions.
Thanks.
Dave.