[Samba] Hide Home Share for a single user

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 19:14:51 GMT 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 2:17 PM, Nelson Vale <nf-vale at critical-links.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>

> > How do you mean hide?  So that they can't browse it, or so that they
> > cannot see the 'homes' service?
>
> What I wan't is to just hide (well wath I'd really wanted was to disable
> it
> but I don't know if it is possible), the Home Share for one particular
> user,
> i.e. don't show it when the user browses the available shares.
>
> The user is not allowed to connect to the share anyway.
>
> > And do you mean hide from everyone
> > else, or hide from that user themselves?
>
> The other users have no access to it.
>

> Thx,
>

> Nelson Vale

The most flexible way that I could come up with off the top of my head, is
to use a custom netlogon script, using the user name variable (%u or %U, I
can't remember which, there is a subtle difference between them) and
changing the value of their home path environment variable in Windows.  Or,
if you have logon scripts now, you could just add to it.

--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.

"Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong"
-Dennis Miller