[Samba] netbios sid and domain sid

Fabio Marcone fabio.marcone at duet.it
Thu Jan 24 17:51:26 GMT 2008

Hi all,
I'm installing a pdc samba+openldap on a debian etch server.

I have this problem:
with ldap configuration ended successfully, I start samba for the first
time, so samba adds a sambaDomainName entry in ldap database. the
problem is that this entry has a wrong sid (different from the one
returned by net getlocalsid).

Then I have errors in granting privileges and so on.

In particular I have 2 different sids for domain (the one wrong) and or
netbios name (the one right).

Why? is it a samba bug? I use samba 3.0.24-6etch9.

Thanks in advance,
Fabio

--

Dott. Fabio Marcone

2T srl
Telefono	                        +39 - 0871- 540154
Fax		                        +39 - 0871- 571594
Email	                           	fabio.marcone(AT)duet.it
Indirizzo				Viale B. Croce 573
                                        66013 Chieti Scalo (CH)
GNU/Linux registered user  		#400424