[Samba] Samba PDC kills WinXP

Dale Schroeder dale at BriannasSaladDressing.com
Mon Jan 21 20:52:23 GMT 2008

Markus,

I took out most of the comments so that I could follow what you have.
I see three possibilities.
1. You have two passdb backend's defined.
2. I believe the share is called [profiles] instead of [profile]
3. Normally the "profile acls" and "hide files" would be placed in
[profiles] instead of [global].

Perhaps someone else can see something else.

Dale

#======================= Global Settings =======================

[global]

   workgroup = FET
   netbios name = atlas
   server string = Atlas has it all

   dns proxy = no
   unix extensions = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   log level = 3
   max log size = 1000
   syslog = 0

   security = user
   encrypt passwords = true
   *passdb backend = tdbsam *
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   guest account = nobody
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .

   domain logons = yes
   logon script = logon.bat
   logon path = \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\profile
   *profile acls = yes
   hide files = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/?humbs.db/*

   os level = 55
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes

   # FQDN changed for privacy reasons
   *passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldapserver.mydomain.at/*
   ldap admin dn = "cn=smbadmin,ou=eumel,dc=fet,dc=at"
   ldap ssl = start_tls
   ldap suffix = dc=fet,dc=at
   ldap user suffix = ou=wappler
   ldap group suffix = ou=gruppen
   ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap,ou=eumel
   ldap machine suffix = ou=kraxen,ou=wappler
   ldap passwd sync = yes

   time server = yes

   template shell = /bin/bash

   # Winbind stuff, we don't currently use it
   idmap uid = 150000-550000
   idmap gid = 150000-550000

   # FQDN changed for privacy reasons
   idmap backend = ldap:ldap://ldapserver.mydomain.at/

   add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
   delete user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-userdel "%u"
   add group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p "%g"
   delete group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupdel "%g"
   add user to group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m "%u" "%g"
   delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x "%u" "%g"
   set primary group script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g "%g" "%u"
   add machine script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w "%u"

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   unix charset = UTF8
   display charset = UTF8

#======================= Share Definitions =======================