[Samba] Idmap creates unnecessary group entry

Martin Werthmöller mw at lw-systems.de
Sun Jan 20 11:41:02 GMT 2008

Am Tue, 15 Jan 2008 um 21:00 GMT +0100 schrieb Martin Werthmöller:

I've checked some different system configurations.

As I switched the paramter

      winbind use default domain

to yes, an idmap entry will created, too. But now the gidNumber and
sambaSID values match the values of the alredy defined group. This is the
correct behavior for unix and windows users.

The man page entry for this parameter is a little bit misleading, IMHO.

But I don't understand the reason for creating this entry. The group was
alredy defined at the passdb backend (LDAP) with correct sambaSID and
gidNumber. Can anbody explain this behavior?

Best regards,
Martin Werthmoeller

--
LWsystems - IT-Service and Consulting