[Samba] More then one wins server on a network.

Dominic Iadicicco diadicic at sctylib.org
Sat Jan 19 02:07:42 GMT 2008

Well,

  I disabled broadcasting on both of my different domains, and I was under
the impression that you have to have Netbios over TCP/IP for Samba.  So
in order for one node to know where the other is I use wins.  Now each
domain controller has there own wins server because I don't allow one
cross domain communication.   Now do I still not need wins?  And if I
do, is have one on each domain, is that going to be a problem?

Dom