[Samba] Re: set_canon_ace_list: sys_acl_set_file type file failed for file

paul.bowen (eng/cad/Design) paul.bowen at analog.com
Fri Jan 18 16:51:33 GMT 2008

Hi,
Is there some setting in smb.conf for Samba Version  3.0.24 that when a
user creates a directory it is owned by the users unix login id or PC
account
and not by nobody.  When the owner is nobody it won't allow users to
change the security setting on their folders but they can still create new
folders and files.  This happens regardless of if the nfs share is a
Network Appliance Box or Linux box.

Should we go to a new version of Samba that allows users to be the
owners of folders and files that they create
and not nobody, or are there special samba files that we should be
looking at

Thanks,
Paul.