[Samba] Can't write to share.

Nord, James JNord at ndsuk.com
Fri Jan 18 15:07:45 GMT 2008

HI all,

Having fixed the group issues from solaris having a default max of 16
groups I can now locally create and delete files on the solaris box as a
domain user

However when accessed via samba I can not create new files/folders
(although I can delete the files I created when logged on locally)

I have created a temporary directory on a non zfs (non acl enabled) file
system to see if that was causing issues with the same result.

I'm starting to pull my hair out on this and I'm sure its a simple
issue.

(Solaris 10 update 4, Samba 3.0.25c (bundled Sun package))

-bash-3.00# ls -lavd /tmp/bob/test
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     NDS-UK\dept_stream_content     177 Jan 18 14:58
/tmp/bob/test/
     0:user::rwx
     1:group::rwx               #effective:rwx
     2:mask:rwx
     3:other:r-x

-bash-3.00# ls -lavd /zfs/internal/streams
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     NDS-UK\dept_stream_content       3 Jan 18 14:38
/zfs/internal/streams/
     0:owner@::deny

1:owner@:list_directory/read_data/add_file/write_data/add_subdirectory
         /append_data/write_xattr/execute/write_attributes/write_acl
         /write_owner:allow
     2:group@::deny

3:group@:list_directory/read_data/add_file/write_data/add_subdirectory
         /append_data/execute:allow

4:everyone@:add_file/write_data/add_subdirectory/append_data/write_xattr
         /write_attributes/write_acl/write_owner:deny

5:everyone@:list_directory/read_data/read_xattr/execute/read_attributes
         /read_acl/synchronize:allow

[global]
        workgroup = NDS-UK
        realm = UK.NDS.COM
        server string = SCG NAS server
        security = ADS
        use kerberos keytab = Yes
        log file = /var/samba/log/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        load printers = No
        os level = 33
        domain master = No
        wins proxy = Yes
        wins server = 172.20.126.100, 172.18.253.100
        ldap ssl = no
        idmap domains = NDS-UK
        idmap alloc backend = tdb
        template shell = /usr/bin/bash
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
        winbind normalize names = Yes
        idmap config NDS-UK:default = yes
        idmap config NDS-UK:backend = tdb
        idmap config NDS-UK:range = 10000-20000
        idmap alloc config:range = 10000-20000

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[TSFiles]
        comment = MPEG-2 transport streams
        path = /zfs/internal/streams
        read only = No
        inherit permissions = Yes

[Test]
        comment = a test share
        path = /tmp/bob/test/
        read only = No
        inherit permissions = Yes
        map archive = No

This e-mail is confidential, the property of NDS Ltd and intended for the addressee only.  Any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message or any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and destroy the original message.  Messages sent to and from NDS may be monitored.  NDS cannot guarantee any message delivery method is secure or error-free.  Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this message and/or attachment that arise as a result of transmission.  You should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of NDS.

NDS Limited Registered office: One Heathrow Boulevard, 286 Bath Road, West Drayton, Middlesex, UB7 0DQ, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales  Registered no. 3080780   VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00