[Samba] Re: Standalone Server with Wins -- Password Not Required on Win/XP

Chris Smith smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Fri Jan 18 14:16:41 GMT 2008

On Friday 18 January 2008, Dragan Krnic wrote:
> What has "preferred master" to do with this passwords?
> I'm really puzzled

I'm a bit puzzled also. Because we changed that early on (took out
non-essential statements - I was assisting) to simplify the smb.conf
and as far as I remember it didn't make a difference. There was a group
of changes made when it started to work properly and we didn't, at that
time, go back and try to tie down exactly which one(s) solved it.

--
Chris